The AVR-X2100W is one of Denon’s InCommand Series home theater receivers, which offer up extensive audio/video features, as well as network connectivity and internet streaming capabilities. At its core, the AVR–X2100w houses a seven-channel amplifier section that can can be configured to accommodate different speaker setups (including a Zone 2 option). For video, 3D pass-through and both 1080p and 4K upscaling are provided.
Here are the main features of the Denon AVR-X2100W:
- 7.2 channel home theater receiver (7 channels plus 2 subwoofer outs) delivering 95 Watts into 7 channels at .08% THD (measured at 20Hz to 20kHz with 2 channels driven with an 8 ohm load).
- Audio Decoding: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, and TrueHD, DTS, DTS Express, DTS-ES (matrix or discrete), DTS-96/24, and DTS-HD Master Audio, PCM.
- Additional Audio Processing: Multi-channel Stereo, Dolby Prologic II, IIx, IIz, DTS Neo:6.
- Additional Audio Settings: Audio EQ Presets – Audyseey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume, Movie, Music, Game. Sound Modes – Multi-Channel Stereo (sound from all speakers), Rock Arena, Jazz Club, Mono Movie (immersive sound effect for mono audio sources), Video Game, Matrix (adds surround effect for stereo music sources), Virtual (adds a surround effect when using just two speakers or headphones). Audio Processing and Sound Mode Bypass Options – Direct (Bypasses all audio processing, but video processing stays on), Pure Direct (Front panel display and all video processing shuts off – only HDMI pass-through video is active).
- Audio Inputs (Analog): 1 Audio-only Stereo Analog, 3 Audio stereo analog audio inputs associated with video inputs.
- Audio Inputs (Digital – Excluding HDMI): 2 Digital Optical, 1 Digital Coaxial.
- Audio Outputs (Excluding HDMI): 2 Subwoofer Pre-outs, and 1 set of Zone 2 Analog Stereo Pre-outs (digital audio sources cannot be sent to Zone 2 except when using the All Zone Stereo feature).
- Speaker connection options for Front Height/Surround Back/Bi-amp/Speaker B/Powered Zone 2 (Note: Only one of these options can be used at a time).
- Video Inputs: 8 HDMI (3D and 4K pass-through capable), 2 Component, 2 Composite video.
- Video Outputs: 2 HDMI (3D, 4K, Audio Return Channel capable with compatible TVs), 1 Set Component Video.
- Video Processing and Settings: Analog to HDMI video conversion, analog to 1080p and 4k upscaling, as well as 1080p to 4K HDMI-to-HDMI upscaling. Picture Mode Settings include: Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day, ISF Night, Custom (manual adjustment of Brightness, Contrast, Color Saturation, Noise Reduction, Sharpness Enhancer – independent of settings available on your TV or video projector), Off.
- Standby Pass-Through: Allows the receiver to pass through HDMI video and audio signals (no addition processing) while receiver is in standby mode. This comes in handy if you just want to watch HDMI source devices when you do not want the receiver functions engaged.
- Audyssey MultiEQ XT automatic speaker setup system. By connecting the provided microphone, the Audyssey MultiEQ XT uses a series of test tones to determine the proper speaker levels, based on how it reads the speaker placement in relation to the acoustical properties of your room.
- AM/FM Tuner with up to 56 available Presets.
- Network/Internet Connectivity via either Ethernet Connection or Built-in WiFi.
- Internet Radio access includes vTuner, and Pandora, Sirius/XM and Spotify Connect.
- DLNA V1.5 Certified for wireless or wireless access to digital media files stored on PCs, Media Servers, and other compatible network-connected devices.
- Apple Airplay and Bluetooth compatibility built-in.
- Front mounted USB Connection for access to audio files stored on flash drives or iPod/iPhone.
- Compatible with Denon Remote Control Apps for iOS and Android devices.